Join Arts District Liberty Station in celebrating the arrival of Summer with three days of creative events open free to the public. Friday June 21 through Sunday June 23 the Arts District is alive with art, dance, music and recreation. Visitors will find hundreds of paintings, drawings, fiber arts, jewelry, photographs and watercolors. Explore art, buy art, and make art with us while becoming part of the International celebration of Summer with us. Our celebration begins at 6pm, Friday June 21 and ends the evening of Sunday June 23. Start your summer with us!
FRIDAY, JUNE 21: Celebrate with the Arts
- 6:00pm – Plaza 17 – Opening dance by San Diego Dance Theater, choreography by Jean Isaacs.
- 6:10-8:00pm – Open studios – meet the artists, enjoy the music. Includes free opportunity drawing for artwork valued at $200 (pick up ticket at Visions Art Museum).
- 8:00pm – The sun sets on the longest day – enjoy the night dining at one of our great restaurants.
SATURDAY, JUNE 22: Participate in the Arts
- Noon-3pm – Yogathon - San Diego Dance Theater presents the Solstice traditional 108 Sun Salutations in the North Promenade. The public is invited to join in.
- Noon-4pm – In the Promenade area – paint on the Solstice Mural and the Community Art Tree.
Visit the open studios and meet the artists, try the Solstice Tea Blend at Point Loma Tea, and paint a sun design cup or plate at Hot Spot.
“YOU are my Sunshine” – for $1, add a ribbon to our Solstice Sun Rings to honor a person who brightens your day, and get an opportunity drawing ticket for a gift certificate to one of our Arts District studios or two free classes at Pinot’s Palette.
- 4pm – Dine at our great Liberty Station restaurants, enjoy movies at The LOT.
SUNDAY, JUNE 23: Picnic with the Arts
- Noon-4pm – Visit the open studios, paint our mural and tree, buy a ribbon on the “YOU are my Sunshine” ring ($1) for an opportunity drawing. Enjoy music, and picnic on the Promenade with lunches from our many restaurants, including the diverse Liberty Public Market.
- 2pm and 6pm – Next to Solare Restaurant – World premier performance by San Diego Dance Theater, choreography by Terry Wilson.
- 6-9pm – Finish the night with dining and dancing at The LOT.
For those looking for the unique experience of an amazing artgastro progressive dinner through PaletteX's Congé event visit https://www.palettexevents.com for reservations/tickets.
Summer Solstice with the Arts events are made possible through an NTC Foundation grant.
Daily events free.